Power BI - SQL Developer
The Power BI - SQL Developer performs database design, installs, upgrades, backup, recovery, administration, management and support of SQL server databases in an enterprise environment. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced, dynamic work environment made up of a global team that provides the highest level of service possible to both our internal and external customers by creating a stable, scalable, and secure enterprise SQL database environment, completing service requests quickly and proactively searching out opportunities for improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and SQL data modeling required
- Understanding of business intelligence concepts, and interest in learning Power BI, DAX, and Azure Analysis Services
- Analyze data gathered and assist in developing solutions or alternative methods of proceeding.
- Assist in reviewing forms and reports, and conferring with management and users about format, distribution, and purpose, and in identifying problems and improvement.
- Assist with documenting findings of studies and preparing recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational changes.
- Perform basic assignments to design, evaluate, recommend, and approve changes of forms and reports.
- Assist in troubleshooting for T-SQL and SQL performance tuning as necessary
- Responsible for planning software lifecycle projects to ensure database environments is supported
- Advanced performance tuning and troubleshooting skills
- Work with Microsoft and other vendors to ensure best practices are followed and environment is optimized
- Extensive knowledge of industry best practice standards
Skills and Experience
- Experience and practical knowledge of and Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, and 2016 is required.
- Troubleshooting skills with both databases and T-SQL queries.
- Power BI, DAX, Power Query, Power View, Excel Reporting is preferred
- Willingness to learn Azure SQLDB, Azure DataFactory, Azure Data Lake, Azure Analysis services is required
- Knowledge of transactional and merge replication.
- BS degree (computer science or equivalent preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of transactional and merge replication
- Advanced database availability to meet business requirements
- Knowledge of SharePoint