This position is responsible generally for creating sales and revenue for the company. There are many responsibilities listed below that collectively comprise a complex and significant role for the company.
Sales Territory Planning
Participate with company management and other sales team members to determine accounts to be included in the Sales Executive’s territory.
- Categorize the accounts in the territory identifying the top 10 Key Accounts
- Develop annual sales projections for the territory
- Present quarterly Territory account status to company management
Key Account Planning
- Identify key decision makers within the account with the ability to buy services
- Identify the key technologies deployed within the account
- Identify key IT partners and their account representatives
- Identify the key IT challenges facing the account
- Develop annual sales projections for the account
- Develop strategy for achieving the sales projections
- Identify activities to be completed in support of achieving the projections
- Execute What If Why Not process and Present results
- Present quarterly Key Account status to company management
- Participate in online and offline networking groups and opportunities
- Provide support for the company’s marketing “above the funnel” activities
- Make sales appointments
- Interview contacts to determine pain/gain opportunities
Sales Process Management
- Quarterback all aspects of the sales process including contract management, vendor management system responses, pipeline management, staffing assignments, RFP responses, and preferred vendor list applications.
- Accounts Receivable/Collections support activities including identifying who the client Accounts Payable representative is at contract start and introduction to company’s billing and AR representatives.
- Participate with technical staff in determining fit for staffing assignments
- Own the account relationship
Sales Activity Reporting
- Fully engage with the company’s CRM system
- Record all sales activities including meetings, phone calls and other interaction with prospects and clients
- Participate with company in determining annual sales quota
- Personally own and be responsible for achieving the quota
- Respond to out of compliance notification with corrective action plan
Sales Methodology Training and Adoption
- Understand how to position the company
- Be able to tell the company story
- Master the company elevator pitch
- Read the company’s Sales Methodology
- Present to company management and other sales team members the core principles of the Sales Methodology
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Sales Methodology
- Conduct mock sales interviews
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or other Business related
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Selling Information Technology Services
- Dealing with individuals with a range of moods and behaviors in a tactful, congenial, personal manner so as not to alienate or antagonize them.
- Talking with and/or listening to and/or signaling people to convey or exchange information; includes giving and receiving assignments and/or directions
- Gathering, collating, or classifying information about data, people, or things. Reporting and/or carrying out a prescribed action in relation to the evaluation.
- Examining and evaluating data and presenting alternative action to be taken on the basis of analysis of data, including prioritizing multiple responsibilities and/or accomplishing them simultaneously
- Exchanging ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate policies and programs and/or jointly arrive at decisions, conclusions, solutions, or solve disputes.
- To combine or integrate data to discover facts and/or develop knowledge or creative concepts and/or interpretations.
- More than willing to be a Team Player, but having a need to be part of a team as a necessary ingredient to job satisfaction and a feeling of success
- Value relationships more than winning or losing or being right or wrong
- Fluent in Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective People – Key Habits
- Seek first to Understand, then to be understood
- Consistency – Keenly aware of the need to treat people the same, no matter what their station in life, believing that people function best in a consistent environment where rules are clear and applied everyone equally.
- Empathy – Ability to sense the emotions of others and feel what they are feeling as though they are your own, an instinctive ability to understand.
- Discipline – Your world needs to be ordered and planned, so you impose structure through routines and focus on timelines and deadlines which all help create a feeling of control