Entry Level Technical Support Specialist Job Responsibilities:
Assist senior engineers in supporting Company’s IaaS and Managed Services clients performing routine maintenance, ticketing intake, and incident resolution.
Beyond Impact is a certified Microsoft Gold Hosting partner and is looking for an entry level IT support analyst to work in their Hosting and Managed Services practice. We offer IaaS and Remote Management, Monitoring, and Remediation services to clients in our SOC 2 compliant data center as well as Azure. This position will report to the Hosting and Managed Services Practice Manager.
Technical Support Specialist Job Duties:
- Perform Intake for company’s ticketing system.
- Under direct supervision of senior engineers, monitor services and remediate as appropriate.
- Patching server Operating Systems and applications.
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Assist with deployment of new systems
- Primary Client Care team point of contact
- Document and input systems data into Beyond Impact’s internal business systems
- Continuing Microsoft education and certification
- Network troubleshooting
- Occasional client site visits
- Evaluates system potential by testing compatibility of new programs with existing programs.
- Evaluates expansions or enhancements by studying work load and capacity of computer system.
- Achieves computer system objectives by gathering pertinent data; identifying and evaluating options; recommending a course of action.
- Confirms program objectives and specifications by testing new programs; comparing programs with established standards; making modifications.
- Places software into production by loading software into computer; entering necessary commands.
- Places hardware into production by establishing connections; entering necessary commands.
- Maximizes use of hardware and software by training users; interpreting instructions; answering questions.
- Maintains system capability by testing computer components.
- Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintains historical records by documenting hardware and software changes and revisions.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Technical Support Specialist Skills and Qualifications:
Two-year degree in Computer Network and Administration or better or equivalent work experience.
Problem Solving, Presenting Technical Information, Process Improvement, Software Maintenance, Software Testing, Network Design and Implementation, Load Balancing and Scalability, Vendor Relationships, Software Performance Tuning, Network Performance Tuning, Database Performance Tuning, Insatiable Appetite for Learning
- Windows Server 2008/2012
- System Center Operations Manager
- Ticketing Systems: Service Now, ChangeGear
- Windows 7/8/10
- Remote Desktop
- Cisco Firewalls